Ariana Dress in Black Linen
I made the Ariana dress at the beginning of summer and am just now getting around to blogging it. Probably because I wore it so much. It was definitely my go to this summer and I only wish I had followed through and made at least one more before it started getting cold outside. It was one of three outfits I brought on a family trip to Japan and it also was the first thing I reached for when teaching a class or going out for dinner. The Ariana dress pattern is from Style Arc. I found the instructions very sparse, but the drafting of the pattern to be great. So just keep that in mind. I probably wouldn't recommend it to a true beginner. My favorite part of the dress is the back panel which is sewn up with elastic thread. This can take some practice, but it's not as hard as it looks and it creates a dress that is super comfortable to wear. I did need to make some fit adjustments, but the great thing about a princess seam is that full bust adjustments are pretty simple. I used my Beatrice dress form to figure out the fit adjustments to make, which was much easier than doing it on myself. The fabric is medium weight linen from The Fabric Store with wooden buttons from my stash.