I have been wanting a good middie skirt for awhile now so I decided to put one together with some rayon challis that I bought awhile back. It was really easy and fast. It was also kinda a trial run for a maxi version of the same skirt that I am working on. I wanted to make sure that the drape around the waist wouldn't be too bulky. I should have that skirt done in a couple of days and will get some picks up right away.

Pattern: None, I made this by cutting 2 rectangles and gathering them (each were the full with of the fabric 55"). Then adding a waistband and pockets. Very simple.

Textiles Used: orange rayon challis from (I know I am obsessed with rayon challis right now)

The Good: I love it. I love the color and ease of the drape. I am pretty excited about how it turned out.

The Bad: I might omit the pockets next time. It made the zipper tricky to put in and added a bit of bulk to the hips.

Conclusion: I don't think that I need to make any more middie skirts right now, but am pretty excited about the lengthened version of this skirt that I am currently working on.