This week I sewed up the fifth and sixth items for my True Bias Fall Capsule Wardrobe. You can see the entire plans in my blog post here if you don't know what I am talking about. This time I decided to sew up two Roscoe blouses. I have quite a few Roscoe blouses already in my closet so I decided to use the button front Roscoe hack from the Sew Tessuti Blog.
I won't go into the whole tutorial since Tessuiti already did, but essentially they have you add width to CF to accommodate a button placket and add a bit of height to the neckline as well. I would also add that you should add a bit of length to the neckline band to accommodate the button placket too. I forgot, so I made my button placket super skinny so it wasn't a big deal. In the future, I would make it wider.
The tutorial also advises you to slash and spread your sleeve for more volume at the wrist. I decided to skip this since I feel like the Roscoe already has a lot of sleeve volume.
I used two fabrics for my blouses. The rust colored fabric is a very lightweight cotton lawn. It has a slight sheen to it and is a bit on the see thru side, but that doesn't bother me. I adore this color and love how the cotton adds a bit of extra structure to this top.
The second fabric is a rayon crepe in ivory. I think this basic is going to get so much wear! It's soft, has lots of pretty drape, and feels like an upscaled workhorse for my closet.