I finished my muslin for the angled blazer McCalls 6611 this weekend and I am pretty excited about the fit. It sewed up super easy and I think it it's going to be awesome once it's done. I made a size 10 even though I measured closer to a 12 and I think that was a good call.
I am going to make a few changes however.
1 - Slim out the sleeve by about 1/2". There is a ton of extra ease in the sleeve so it should be pretty easy to do.
2 - Raise the waistline in the front. I have a pretty short torso and the waistline seems to angle down in the front a bit. I am going to raise that by about 1/2" as well.
3 - Lengthen the peplum in the back. The peplum in the back gets really short. In fact, I am pretty sure that once it's hemmed it won't cover the top of my jeans so I am going to lengthen the hem by at least an inch if not more.
All of that being said, I tried the muslin on with my prego belly and it looks ridiculous. Rather than risk making it now and it not fitting correctly after the baby comes I am going to tuck this muslin away to make in the spring. I love the fabric too much to risk it. I promise though that you will be seeing this again in about 4 months.