PATTERNMAKING SEWING FOR KIDS

THE MINI HUDSON PANT IS HERE!

December 5, 2014

I am so excited to say that the Mini Hudson Pant is ready for sale.  As I mentioned in a previous post I have been wanting to do this ever since I had plans to start drafting patterns for True Bias.  Mostly because it reflects the way that I sew in real life.  I love sewing clothing for myself, but usually when I am done with a project I have left over fabric that I like to sew up into clothing for my children.

From now on all of my patterns will eventually be children’s patterns as well.  Some will be almost exact replicas of the adult version and others will be age appropriate versions.  The Mini Hudson Pant is the first, but the Mini Sutton will follow in the spring as well.

The Mini Hudson Pant is a skinny sweat pant with more room around the hips, but tapering into a skinny leg.  There is an elastic waistband with a drawstring and side pockets.  The pant is offered in sizes 2T – 10 and is great for both girls and boys.

There are two versions.  View A is a full length pant and View B is a cropped pant that hits just below the knee.  Although it’s a bit cold for them here in NYC right now, I think that my daughter is going to wear the cropped version a ton in the spring.  It gives a bit more of a sporty look to the pant and looks great with running shoes.

Just like it’s adult version, the Mini Hudson Pant has a waistband, pocket details and cuffs that create a great opportunity to mix colors and prints.  If you have an old tshirt or sweat shirt you could easily cut it up for the details.  That is what is so fun about sewing for children in my opinion.  It’s a great excuse to use up leftover fabric in your stash and repurpose old clothing.

Since I am new to the kids sewing pattern world I thought that it would be fun to do a blog hop this time around.  Since we are in the middle of the busy holiday season the bloghop won’t be until after the first of the year but expect that, as well as a few variation posts in the next few weeks.  I won’t be doing a sewalong for these either as the construction is almost exactly the same as the adult version.  I tried to keep as much the same as possible so that those of you who have already sewn up the Hudson pants can sew up the minis really easily.

You can purchase the pattern by clicking here or by clicking the illustration in the right hand sidebar.  I can’t wait to see what you all make.  Be sure to tag your photos #minihudsonpants on instagram so that I can see them.

• Reply MadebyMeg December 5, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Adorable! Makes me wish I had kids so I could dress them up. And your daughter is the spitting image of you (I’m sure the matching outfit helps)!

• Reply Kathy Sews December 5, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Love these so much! Your little girl is totally a mini-you 🙂 And how adorablleeeeeeeeeeeee is the boy version!! Congrats on another pattern!

• Reply Lisa December 5, 2014 at 2:38 PM

This is one I will definitely make my nieces and little nephew. Always wished I could sewwhen my kids were little. Never really had interest in making for the kids in the family, but this one is a MUST!!!!
    P.S. your kids are too cute and look just like you 🙂

• Reply Andrea December 5, 2014 at 3:24 PM

Aw, congrats on the new release. These are really cute. I thought that last photo WAS you for a second. Your daughter is a natural sewing blog model!

• Reply Jennifer Bennion December 5, 2014 at 3:49 PM

OMG! These two are killing me. Such cuties 🙂

• Reply Marilla December 5, 2014 at 5:04 PM

These are the cutest models EVER! I love how much your daughter looks like you and she and your son look so adorable. Gooorgeous!

• Reply lisa g December 5, 2014 at 5:37 PM

so cute! can’t wait to try this pattern. 😀

• Reply Lori December 5, 2014 at 11:08 PM

These are so darling and your little girl looks so much like you. Especially the last picture.

• Reply Trine December 6, 2014 at 4:26 AM

I love this pattern so so much. Thanks for letting me be a tester. I just blogged my first version of The Mini Hudson Pant 🙂

Congrats on the release of another gorgeous pattern.

• Reply Ginger December 6, 2014 at 12:17 PM

You have the best models! 🙂

• Reply Kat @ House of Lane December 7, 2014 at 5:09 AM

Omg your kids are the cutest! Love these pants. I’ll definiately be making Imogen and I some next winter.

• Reply Flier Judit December 7, 2014 at 12:32 PM

Your pattern is on my christmas wish list 🙂 So great! Can’t wait for some sewing time!

• Reply dixie December 12, 2014 at 2:11 PM

they are so adorable! and your daughter looks just like you. they’re great models and such stylish kids!

• Reply abby December 18, 2014 at 6:19 PM

Have you made these up in a woven yet? I was reading through your directions for making the womens version in woven fabric and was wondering if I should still go up two sizes to make the kids version in woven? Am I correct in assuming I’d only need to go up one?

• Reply Cameron January 21, 2015 at 10:57 AM

So no matter if the builders release furrher patches
    in thhe future, Pink Crucible 2 Hack will nonetheless work!

• Reply interview thank you email July 11, 2015 at 5:19 PM

I think thee admin of this web paqge is truly working hard for his web page, for
    thhe reason thawt here evety stuff is quaality baeed data.

• Reply Sexe asiatiques February 13, 2016 at 3:56 AM

I always spent my half an hour to read this web site’s posts every day
    along with a cup of coffee.

• Reply Laura November 4, 2016 at 8:42 AM

Just made the first Mini Hudson Pants, but it won’t be my last 😉

• Reply Straight from outer space November 7, 2016 at 9:22 AM

[…] even though it is a poly blend. Both of us wanted something out of it, so Murphy got a new pair of Hudsons, and I made a […]