LINDEN SWEATSHIRTS

November 26, 2014

I am pretty sure that I bought the Linden Sweatshirt pattern immediately when I got the email that it was for sale.  I am a big fan of all of Grainline’s patterns and I knew that this one would be no different.

Like others I have really been trying to make things that I will wear often.  I’ve sworn off party dresses unless I have a reason to wear one (there is one in the works 🙂 but try to focus on everyday apparel instead.  Right now I live in Hudson Pants, Mandy Boat Tees, Sutton Tops and Grainline Archers and I am pretty excited to add Ginger Jeans to that list.  And now I can also put Linden Sweatshirts down as one of those comfy and easy to wear items I want to wear all of the time.

After sewing up a muslin I decided to go down one size.  I think that I probably should be doing an fba, but since I don’t it ends up being a bit big so sizing down seemed to fix the issue.  I also had to shorted the sleeves by a couple of inches – which is pretty normal for me because I am a shorty.  I also decided to lower the neckline by about a half an inch and lengthen the neckband accordingly.

Everything came together perfectly.  The instructions are great and once cut out, the sweatshirt came together in about an hour on my serger.  A very satisfying make.

The pink sweatshirt fabric is from fabric.com.  It’s such a nice, flattering color and I was really happy with the softness and quality.  I had a hard time finding a ribbing to match so I opted to just use the looped side of the french terry for the details.

The blue french terry is a super soft heathered blue from http://www.moodfabrics.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=french+terry.  The navy ribbing is from fabric.com.

I have plans to make more of these for sure.  I have some really fun sweater knit that I want to use, just need to find the right ribbing first.

• Reply Faye Lewis November 26, 2014 at 9:22 AM

Your sweatshirts are gorgeous. Makes me want to make one too.

• Reply Ginger November 26, 2014 at 10:05 AM

These are both great! The pink is an especially nice color on you.

• Reply Friederike November 26, 2014 at 10:34 AM

What a great idea to turn the terry side inside out for the cuffs. Love the effect and it’s so much easier than finding the perfect ribbing.

• Reply Noelle November 26, 2014 at 12:27 PM

Can’t wait to make one of these myself! Both of yours look toasty and cute.

• Reply kristin November 26, 2014 at 1:04 PM

very cute!! good to know on the sizing. i just started cutting a Linden yesterday but didn’t get very far due to a nap strike. love adding casual basics to the wardrobe, too!

• Reply Dani November 26, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Love the idea of using the flip side of the terry as contrast. You’re inspiring me to get to printing out the pattern and get started on my own Linden 🙂

• Reply Stephanie November 26, 2014 at 1:28 PM

Why didn’t I think of using the loopy side! I have this sweatshirt fabric in radiant orchid and it’s impossible to find matching ribbing! Now I can finally finish my Linden!

• Reply Teri November 26, 2014 at 5:34 PM

They both look great! The pink is such a pretty color. It’s always hard for me to find a sweatshirt that fits me well so I’m excited to make some of my own!

• Reply Kat @ House of Lane November 26, 2014 at 5:50 PM

They are both fantastic! I’m waiting for cooler weather in aus so I can make a few myself. I’m dreaming of a zip back version.

• Reply Sophie November 26, 2014 at 8:22 PM

Lovely lovely! That pinky one is especially my fav, cute idea to reverse it for the cuffs. Will definitely be sewing up some Linden’s come winter.

• Reply sallie November 27, 2014 at 8:27 AM

These are perfect! I love the pink one – that color is really flattering on you. I have some fabric stashed away for some Linden’s, but I’m also waiting for a good ribbing to come my way!

• Reply Kay November 27, 2014 at 9:20 AM

They both look great. You done a wonderful job sewing them

• Reply Jen November 28, 2014 at 2:12 AM

Seriously yes and yes to those sweatshirts! Also seriously the idea of turning the cuffs & neckband inside out is genius!

• Reply susie qew November 29, 2014 at 10:08 PM

they look great! ahh i practically live in sweathirts you will get so much mileage out of them! and yes – what an idea to use the loopy side for the cuffs and neckband, this little trick is gonna ocme in really handy for me as i normally veer towards minimal color combinations!

• Reply Nickia December 23, 2014 at 4:44 PM

I love this! It looks so comfy! 🙂

• Reply dillards June 17, 2015 at 2:18 PM

below you will obtain the link to some websites that we assume you’ll want to visit
    dillards http://www.dillarddresses.com