February 6, 2012
(please excuse the wrinkles.  this is after wearing it to church and holding my baby a lot)

Textiles Used:
A wool blend from Hancocks

Sizing: I find that the sizing is good in the smaller sizes, but too big in the bigger sizes.  I ended up having to take it in about an inch on the sides.

The Good: Great pattern.  Great for beginners.  I have made it several times and will still probably make it more times.  I love the fabric I chose and the lining just makes me happy.

The Bad: The instructions are a bit lacking – like most burda patterns.

Changes Made:  I added a folded back split instead of the regular slit.  I shortened the waistband by about 2/3 and also lowered the waistline on the actually main skirt portion by about an inch.

Things I would change next time?  Nothing.  This is my best version so far.  I love the fit.

Conclusion: I highly recommend this pattern.  Whenever I have friends that want to sew something with me this is what we make.  It is a great beginner pattern that is in style and cute on all body types.

• Reply Cirque Du Bebe February 6, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Great fit and awesome fabric!

• Reply Susan February 6, 2012 at 6:55 PM

Gorgeous chevron fabric choice for this skirt. The lining is a nice addition, as well.

• Reply Katie February 6, 2012 at 6:56 PM

I love your fabric choice. I’m a new reader — followed you over from Presserfoot and am excited to see the things you create!

• Reply Lisa February 7, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Gorgeous skirt , I love the contrast lining.

• Reply Leah Franqui February 7, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Oh, I love this! Do I have to just break down now and buy this pattern? Is this what life has come to?

• Reply vivatveritas February 9, 2012 at 10:37 PM

i love your skirt! it looks great on you, and love the contrasted color of the lining 🙂

• Reply Lizzet February 15, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Love it! I was looking at this pattern but got all distracted with the different versions… which one is this one that you made? the one with the bow without the bow?

• Reply Adventures in Dressmaking March 4, 2012 at 1:43 AM

Cuteness! Love the contrast lining. And zigzags, of course!

• Reply SewJillian July 27, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Hi there! Love your skirt. I haven’t ever used a Burdastyle pattern and am wondering how the sizes run? Are they true to the measurements given by Burdastyle for the sizes? Is there a lot of ease? I want to make quite a fitted dress (as per the pattern) and don’t have a lot of time so wanted to avoid a muslin if I can! I am about a size 4 (US). Thanks for your advice!