SEWN : LOOSE FITTING PLEATED T – SHIRT

January 30, 2012

Textiles Used:  Neon yellow rayon challis from Vogue Fabrics

Sizing: I think I will go down one size next time.  Mostly for the shoulders.

The Good: Great pattern.  Great for beginners.  I wore it once and received a lot of compliments on it.  I think that the pleating is modern while still being a simple easy to wear top with skinnies.

The Bad: The only negative I can think of is that the instructions seemed to assume that you know a lot.  They might be a bit too sparse for the new sewist.

Changes Made:  none

Things I would change next time?  I would go down one size.  I think it would be fun to try color blocking on this pattern.

Conclusion: I highly recommend this pattern.  Next time I think I will try it in a much more subtle fabric.  I love the comfort and easy of the top.

• Reply Lisa January 30, 2012 at 2:32 PM

That is a gorgeous top. I love the yellow against the black.

• Reply Lisa January 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM

I meant to add, I ususally start with an UK 10 for tops and do a FBA or in Burda a 36. However looking at the measurements they have a Uk 10 down as 35″ chest wich is 2 ” bigger than normal . Did you use your regular size or base it on the measurements.

• Reply Mary Danielson January 30, 2012 at 4:56 PM

Absolutely gorgeous! I adore the neon of the yellow with the black & white striped skirt. It’s a wonderful top and a great outfit. Well done!

• Reply Valerie January 30, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Simple but stunning! I love the color and your stripe skirt combo too!

• Reply Meet The Ringmistress January 31, 2012 at 12:01 AM

Looks so rad. Great colour and good to see it with a few different looks.

• Reply Tamsin January 31, 2012 at 7:15 AM

Beautiful! I think the unusual colour *makes* it.

• Reply DIY Pleated T-Shirt - Ada Spragg July 16, 2014 at 12:11 AM

[…] method. Sew again? Ab-sew-lutely. Some other must-see versions of this pattern: Kelli’s neon lovely…so good! I also happen to love this cream one by Quixotic thread. Does this mean I’m a […]