TUTORIALS

THE SUTTON BLOUSE SEWALONG DAY 7 : HOW I WEAR IT

November 14, 2014

I get a lot of questions about styling and have recently had some requests for styling tips for the Sutton Blouse in particular, especially in the colder months.  I thought it would be fun to show you how I wear it, both on it’s own and as a layering piece to give you some ideas.

1 – Under a Fitted Jacket

This is how I have been wearing my Sutton Blouse the most this fall.  Jeans and a fitted jacket with either boots or flats.  I like this outfit because the deep V makes me feel less buttoned up and the fact that the back extends out the back of my jacket and covers my bum in super skinny jeans is always a good idea.

2 – With an Oversized Sweater

I love wearing oversized sweaters in the fall.  Paired with skinny jeans or leggings and boots and I am ready to head out the door and be super comfy.

3 – With my Hudsons

I think that you have to be careful when pairing a loose top with loose pants, but I have found that if I do a little front tuck and wear it with heels then the silhouette is much more flattering.  This is one super comfy outfit.  And if it gets cold I would just throw my leather jacket on top.

4 – With a Skirt and Blazer

To dress it up a bit I paired my Sutton Blouse with a fitted blazer and knit pencil skirt.  I like wearing the Sutton Blouse with this outfit because the deep V allows me to feel less librarian and a little more edgy.  Otherwise I think that I would feel super conservative and a little clausterphobic.

I hope these styling ideas helped give you some ideas for wearing your Sutton Blouse when it’s cold outside.  Today was the last day of the sewalong, but I am working on some variations that should be popping up over the next few weeks.  Thanks so much for sewing or following along!

• Reply Teri November 14, 2014 at 11:41 AM

All of these outfits are great! I especially love that oversized sweater with your green blouse. I need a sweater like that in my life!

• Reply Ginger November 14, 2014 at 11:43 AM

You are so stylish! Thanks for sharing – I’m totally inspired!

• Reply katie November 14, 2014 at 11:44 AM

These all look great! I’ve already been wearing my first Sutton loads with skinnies, a cardigan and boots, I’ve got my second one (with a round neckline variation) cut and ready to sew.

• Reply maddie November 14, 2014 at 12:37 PM

No one wears the Sutton blouse better than its creator. Looking good!

• Reply Kat @ House of Lane November 14, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Thanks for the sewalong! I really enjoyed it and can’t wait to wear my Sutton blouse this weekend.

• Reply Melissa November 15, 2014 at 8:13 PM

Hi – I have just finished my Sutton Blouse – I love it! I will need to do an fba I think, for the next one. Will you be posting a tutorial on how to do an fba?

• Reply True Bias November 17, 2014 at 7:59 PM

probably not. I thought about it, but since there are so many tutorials out there and the top is so oversized that most people probably don’t need to do one I decided it probably wasn’t necessary. So glad you like your top though. i would love to see your top and fba version.

• Reply Heather November 17, 2014 at 5:48 PM

This is such a great post! You have such great style – I can’t wait to see what you come up with next! Also, I am madly in love with those Hudsons! Thanks for sharing this Kelli!

• Reply Md Razaul Karim June 23, 2015 at 1:51 PM

Surprised to see your sutton blouse it’s great………………