OTHER

SUTTON BLOUSE SEWALONG SCHEDULE

November 3, 2014

Thank you so much everyone for all of the excitement about the Sutton Blouse. Β You guys are the best and I love seeing your versions of the Sutton Blouse popping up on your blogs and instagram feeds.

I thought it would be nice to get going with the sewalong right away. Β We will start at the end of this week with some of the prep, give you the weekend to gather materials, and then start sewing next week. Β Here is the schedule in case you want to sew along with me.

• Thursday Nov. 6th – Fabric and Notions

• Friday Nov. 7th – Printing / Cutting and Adjustments (Lengthen / Shorten waist and neckline)

• Monday Nov. 10th – Neckline and Front

• Tuesday Nov. 11th – Back Pleat and Yoke

• Wednesday Nov. 12th – Side Seams and Sleeves

• Thursday Nov. 13th – Hem and Side Slits

• Friday Nov. 14th – How I Wear my Sutton Blouse

• Reply Meg November 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Yay! I already whipped out my first Sutton (and wore it to work this week). It was so comfy, I’m thinking I’ll join the sewalong and make a second one!

• Reply Jen November 5, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Confident beginner right up in here! I loved my first sew-along last month, it really helped me understand construction and technique and THE IMPORTANCE OF TAKING YOUR TIME! I’m in for this one, can’t wait for the challenge!

• Reply True Bias November 9, 2014 at 12:55 PM

awesome! what fabric are you using?

• Reply Jen November 5, 2014 at 1:29 PM

PS I’m going for the Hudson pants too … if I can make those work I feel like they will change my life (or at least replace my ratty old Pink’s that are the only loungewear that ever felt just right but I still have to pull up to my calves).

• Reply True Bias November 9, 2014 at 12:55 PM

yay! i kinda live in my hudsons.

• Reply Mary November 5, 2014 at 8:03 PM

I recently discovered this blog. What are the sizes on the patterns and where do you find them?

• Reply True Bias November 9, 2014 at 12:54 PM

All sizes go from 0-18. You can find the sizing on the shopping page in one of the alternate pics. I am working on making that more visible.

• Reply emma November 12, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Been looking for a shirt like this for ages – dammit fabric hurry up and arrive, really wanted to sew along with everyone this time! Waaayyyyy behind schedule already.

• Reply True Bias November 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM

im always late on these kinds of things too. cant wait to see yours.