OTHER

SUTTON BLOUSE SEWALONG SCHEDULE

November 3, 2014

Thank you so much everyone for all of the excitement about the Sutton Blouse.  You guys are the best and I love seeing your versions of the Sutton Blouse popping up on your blogs and instagram feeds.

I thought it would be nice to get going with the sewalong right away.  We will start at the end of this week with some of the prep, give you the weekend to gather materials, and then start sewing next week.  Here is the schedule in case you want to sew along with me.

• Thursday Nov. 6th – Fabric and Notions

• Friday Nov. 7th – Printing / Cutting and Adjustments (Lengthen / Shorten waist and neckline)

• Monday Nov. 10th – Neckline and Front

• Tuesday Nov. 11th – Back Pleat and Yoke

• Wednesday Nov. 12th – Side Seams and Sleeves

• Thursday Nov. 13th – Hem and Side Slits

• Friday Nov. 14th – How I Wear my Sutton Blouse

• Reply Meg November 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM

Yay! I already whipped out my first Sutton (and wore it to work this week). It was so comfy, I’m thinking I’ll join the sewalong and make a second one!

• Reply Jen November 5, 2014 at 1:25 PM

Confident beginner right up in here! I loved my first sew-along last month, it really helped me understand construction and technique and THE IMPORTANCE OF TAKING YOUR TIME! I’m in for this one, can’t wait for the challenge!

• Reply True Bias November 9, 2014 at 12:55 PM

awesome! what fabric are you using?

• Reply Jen November 5, 2014 at 1:29 PM

PS I’m going for the Hudson pants too … if I can make those work I feel like they will change my life (or at least replace my ratty old Pink’s that are the only loungewear that ever felt just right but I still have to pull up to my calves).

• Reply True Bias November 9, 2014 at 12:55 PM

yay! i kinda live in my hudsons.

• Reply Mary November 5, 2014 at 8:03 PM

I recently discovered this blog. What are the sizes on the patterns and where do you find them?

• Reply True Bias November 9, 2014 at 12:54 PM

All sizes go from 0-18. You can find the sizing on the shopping page in one of the alternate pics. I am working on making that more visible.

• Reply emma November 12, 2014 at 8:55 AM

Been looking for a shirt like this for ages – dammit fabric hurry up and arrive, really wanted to sew along with everyone this time! Waaayyyyy behind schedule already.

• Reply True Bias November 14, 2014 at 11:33 AM

im always late on these kinds of things too. cant wait to see yours.