FALL PLANS

August 20, 2014

I’ve been busy working on my next pattern which should be out by the end of September. More on that soon. Now that I am making patterns I have found that it is easy to get wrapped up in it and neglect my blog.  I am trying really hard not to do that.  I love making things for myself and trying new patterns and I love my blog.  So, to keep myself on track I decided to put together a little list of the things that I want to make this fall.

black ponte dress | chunky necklace | large print pencil skirt | large bag | woven pants

1 – Large Print Pencil Skirt – Pencil skirts have always been one of my favorite silhouettes.  I think that they are flattering on pretty much every body type.  I am on the lookout for the perfect print though.  I want fabric that is large scale and bold.  Considering the Charlotte or Jenny pattern.

2 – Woven Hudson Pants – I love my other pair so much that I want to make up another pair in a nicer fabric.  Maybe even silk.  They really are the perfect fall pant and are easy to dress up with a wedge or clog or down with sandals.  I just need more of these in my life.

3 – Large Bag – I have found that I really could use another bag in my life.  I fell in love with these Nena and Co. bags and I have this tribal linen fabric that I have been hoarding forever that should fit the bill.  I am thinking about pairing it with either some leather or waxed canvas (anyone have some favorite sources).  I want something a little less purse and a little more tote bag so that I can strap it to the back of my stroller when we go to the park.  Still deciding on the pattern to use, but thinking about the poolside tote, or the senna tote although I am open to suggestions.

4 – Black Ponte Dress – Somehow I have lasted this long without having a LBD in my wardrobe.  I’ve been hanging onto this Cynthia Rowley pattern for awhile meaning to make it and I think it’s finally time.  Nothing more flattering and I know that it will get tons of wear.

5 – Large Bead Necklace – OK, not sewing, but DIY for sure.  Every time I see Sophie of Ada Spragg wearing her chunky bead necklaces I want one of my own.  I have found a few tutorials to make them myself and I am crossing my fingers that they work out.

How about you guys.  Thinking about fall sewing yet?  Any must sew items?

• Reply Jennie August 20, 2014 at 2:21 PM

I also fell in love with nena and co bags. I broke down and purchased a day bag and a clutch after staring at the pictures on instagram for a couple of weeks. I love how unique each bag is. And the leather-smells awesome. 🙂 I look forward to seeing your bag inspired by their line. Look forward to sewing your hudson for fall and seeing what else you have coming out.

• Reply True Bias August 20, 2014 at 4:08 PM

jennie, so jealous. i really should just buy one. i think that they are a very respectable company and worth the money.

• Reply Jennie August 22, 2014 at 9:57 AM

YOU SHOULD!! i tagged you in an instagram post. You deserve it!! Remember that awesome pattern you created??!?!

• Reply aspen @ little green orchids August 20, 2014 at 2:58 PM

I think i’m gonna make a DKNY dress pattern soon… V1313. Right after my first pair of Hudson pants that I’m breaking down and making soon, despite my fear that they’ll look weird on my short little legs! hah. They’re just so cute on everyone else I have to try them.

• Reply True Bias August 20, 2014 at 4:09 PM

i can’t wait to see you pants. im only 5’3″ so i understand the fear, but i tend to not care.

• Reply Nicole_boldgoods August 20, 2014 at 3:19 PM

ooooh. Can we make chunky beaded necklaces together? Maybe with wine? At workroom social?

• Reply Jenny August 20, 2014 at 3:41 PM

OMG I am OBSESSED by that pencil skirt! Consider me your large-print seeking buddy!

• Reply True Bias August 20, 2014 at 4:12 PM

yes! let me know if you find anything. on the hunt.

• Reply Ginger August 20, 2014 at 3:42 PM

Have you not sewn a pencil skirt before?! I’m surprised! I think of you as such a pencil skirt girl! Can’t wait to see what you sew! I really like pencil skirts, but never know what to pair them with!

LOVE the idea of making a big bag! So cool! And I want to make beads with you, too!

• Reply True Bias August 20, 2014 at 4:11 PM

i have made some, but it’s been a long time and all of the ones that i made are pretty dated. i need something new and modern.
      i like to pair them with a looser blouse, but thats just me.

• Reply True Bias August 20, 2014 at 4:12 PM

and yes, lets try to make this bead making night happen.

• Reply kristin August 20, 2014 at 4:28 PM

so funny. i made a mission maxi yesterday (totally inspired by your mission maxis) and cut out a pair of long hudson pants last night! so….kelli-inspired fall sewing is what i’m working on. i’m so curious about your next pattern, though! i have a guess…

• Reply True Bias August 20, 2014 at 5:12 PM

oh man i love those mission maxi’s. i really need to make more because my black one is worn out.
      curious to your guesses about the next pattern. perhaps i am more transparent than i think 🙂

• Reply kristi August 20, 2014 at 5:12 PM

Love the large floral pencil skirt idea! I’m hoping to cross the Archer of my list this fall, and another Salme Cropped Jacket. Hmmm…might have to make some woven Hudson pants to go with my cropped jacket.

• Reply True Bias August 20, 2014 at 5:57 PM

you wont regret the archer. ive only made one but should really make a few more. it such a go to item and jen’s sewalong makes the process really smooth.
      and yes, a woven hudson sounds great 🙂

• Reply Heather August 20, 2014 at 7:59 PM

I love the pencil skirt! And a new pattern?? Eeeee…I’m excited!!

• Reply True Bias August 21, 2014 at 1:24 PM

thanks for your excitement!

• Reply Sophie August 21, 2014 at 4:25 AM

Those are some fun plans Kelli! Oh, and I didn’t expect to see a mention of my beaded necklace. I feel like I wear the same jewellery again and again in my photos and am so sick of it and figured everyone else must be haha! I just made some Polymer clay necklaces with my boys and apart from being a fun crafternoon type thing you could do with your lil girl, they actually turned out pretty fancy too. I don’t have a LBD either, can’t wait to see yours and some more woven versions of the Hudsons.

• Reply True Bias August 21, 2014 at 1:25 PM

well im not sick of them. i like how yours has the little holes in it. i might need to try that out.

make a lbd! although i know that solids arn’t your thing 🙂

• Reply Nilla August 21, 2014 at 6:27 AM

What great plans you have! I was just browsing through Burda Style last night for some blouse inspiration, that’s what I’m planning for this fall 🙂

• Reply True Bias August 21, 2014 at 1:25 PM

i love blouses in the fall. try the archer if you havn’t yet.

• Reply Sara August 21, 2014 at 8:11 AM

Great plan! I love that it includes accessories, which is something I tend to overlook these days because I’m so focused on garment sewing. Yet I used to love to make jewelry, belts etc… Thanks for reminding me!

• Reply True Bias August 21, 2014 at 1:26 PM

i know. i hardly ever remember to accessorize. hoping this helps.

• Reply sallie August 21, 2014 at 9:45 AM

Such an awesome list! I still dream about that bag you made for Project Sewn, but these patterns are giving me ideas! I’ve been waiting for things to cool down around here so I can make myself some Hudson pants – I love your woven pair that you made! Can’t wait to see what you do with this list – and can’t wait to see your new pattern!! So very exciting!!

• Reply True Bias August 21, 2014 at 1:29 PM

thanks sallie, it feels good to sit down and actually make a list. im not always great about that. you should make a bag for sure. i actually just bought a leather hide for the bag and am pretty excited about it.

• Reply Sage August 21, 2014 at 1:49 PM

Now you’ve inspired me to make a bag too! I really like the Senna tote pattern. I cannot wait to see your tribal fabric. I am obsessed with tribal prints, especially when it comes to bags. It’s a very good thing Pendleton bags are way out of my price range or I’d have at least half a dozen, haha.
    My other plans include making 2-3 pairs of your Hudson pants. I have the waistband to finish on my olive pair, a black fleece pair in the works, and I’m thinking I may need a third pair. I had been looking for a pattern like yours for months, so I was thrilled when yours became available!
    I’m also planing to knit a cardigan (may be biting off more than I can chew) and make a sweatshirt using the papercut pattern.
    I cannot wait to see your next pattern!

• Reply Clio August 21, 2014 at 2:01 PM

Great plans, Kelli! Those are all high impact items. And I’d be down for some jewelry making too!

I’m about to order leather (I think) from leatherhidestore.com. Sew Fearless recommended them and they sell remnants which are appropriate for bags. I can let you know what I think once I do – I’m gearing up to sew myself a cool diaper bag.

• Reply Sara August 21, 2014 at 8:43 PM

These are great plans! My problem is I want to sew SO MANY things and I have such a huge fabric stash (it’s really embarrassing but does mean that when I’m poor and can’t afford fabric I have lots to choose from!) that I just don’t end up making anything because I become so overwhelmed by all the choices! I think I need to make up some sewing plans for fall, and maybe pick a doable number of items like you have, and not fall sway to every new pattern release and every new idea that pops up.

• Reply Sage August 22, 2014 at 12:26 AM

I’ve had a hard time finding waxed canvas, but came across some tonight on Etsy. Here’s the shop link: https://www.etsy.com/shop/BAGFORU?ref=l2-shopheader-name
    Or you can search for “BagForU”

• Reply Clare Szabo September 8, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Love these plans! I’m thinking alot of black for me…boring but black under a big cocoon camel coat, chunky tights and boots. We’ll see! Looking forward to seeing your makes xx

• Reply True Bias September 9, 2014 at 8:49 AM

im such a sucker for black too. its always what i reach for and it looks so chic.

• Reply directonlineservices.zendesk.com September 12, 2014 at 12:33 AM

vegan bread applesauce

Academic writing services be counselors who are able to help the students steer clear of trouble.
    In nevertheless, expressing your sympathy inside a condolence letter is obviously appropriate and appreciated.
    quickly [directonlineservices.zendesk.com] apple calorie counter It is also essential to
    understand your proposal must be able to expose your financial
    plans, in case you achieve winning the proposal. Involve creating surveys and performing particular interview using
    the appropriate individuals.

• Reply howaboutwe.zendesk.com September 13, 2014 at 5:57 PM

toddler bed side rails

I was a little put off by the system of “tests” I
    could take, each costing me $5, which would cause me
    to eligible for more “assignments. Make sure all sentences that stick to keep the major position or restrict its scope. King size platform bed various (howaboutwe.zendesk.com) Regularly setting
    aside little windows of energy to reveal these areas gives the mind a wonderful possibility to steer itself in an upwardly happy direction. Once the author or sports person has a clear
    vision of what they want, they’re able to then start writing the body of labor and go from there.

• Reply Van March 18, 2015 at 6:56 PM

I pay a visit everyday a few web sites and information sites to read articles,
    except this web site gives feature based content.