PATTERNMAKING SEWING

HUDSON PANT SEWALONG WINNERS!

July 24, 2014

I am so excited to share the winners of the Hudson Pant Sewalong contest with you guys today.  We had lots of amazing entries so I was glad that I didn’t have to decide.  The amazing Angie of Wanderlust fabric was the judge and here are here are the winners that she chose:

3rd place – Winner of a $20 gift certificate to Wanderlust Fabrics goes to Megan of Thread Fox Studio.  I love her bold orange version.  She has great style and is yet another fun Portland, Oregon sewist that makes me want to go for a visit.  I swear that city is filled with cool people that I want to hang out with.

2nd place – Winner of a $40 gift certificate to Wanderlust Fabrics goes to Emerald Jean of Alluring Emerald Jean.  Not only did she pick some super fun and amazing fabric, but I love how she fearlessly pairs them with those awesome blue wedge sneakers.

1st place – Winner of a $60 gift certificate to Wanderlust Fabrics goes to Heather of Where Heather Grows.  I love the blue and brown combo with the unexpected pop of neon cording.  I think that Heather has made 4 or 5 pairs of Hudson pants to date so if you are looking for tips check out her awesome blog.

Congrats ladies!  Send me an email so that I can get you your gift certificates.  And if you want to see some more versions of the Hudson Pants sewn up by others then check out these hashtags #hudsonsewalong, #hudsonpant.

• Reply Ginger July 24, 2014 at 10:54 AM

These are all so fantastic! Also, Heather, I totally recognize your “pugs not drugs” t-shirt, ha!

• Reply Heather July 24, 2014 at 1:53 PM

That is totally my Pugs Not Drugs t-shirt. It’s one of my favourite lounging around shirts!

• Reply Kathy Sews July 24, 2014 at 1:33 PM

COngrats to everyone!! I love those orange ones by Megan. I must make orange ones now! (And PS I FINALLY blogged about my Hudsons… and I feel like a dope not okay-ing my photos to be put on your blog…. geeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzz!!!!!)

• Reply Heather July 24, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Oh my gosh!! I was just reading along and all the sudden I was like – That’s Me!! I am so surprised and incredibly honoured. When I checked out the entries on Instagram there were so many amazing pairs, so I am incredibly flattered to have won! Thanks Kelli and thank you Angie – I look forward to shopping!!

• Reply Megan July 24, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Wooo! I’ve never won anything before, haha. Thanks again for the great pattern. I’ve worn my Hudson Pants almost every day since making them. Gotta make the woven version next. It was so fun seeing what everyone made – all those great fabrics and little details! I’m so inspired by the sewing community. Come visit Portland anytime, we’d love to have you!

• Reply sallie July 25, 2014 at 9:25 AM

Woo Hoo!! Congrats ladies! These are all super awesome and are giving me so much inspiration!!

• Reply Five For Friday July 25, 2014 at 12:20 PM

[…] I won a sewing contest!! I can’t even tell you how surprised and excited I am/was. A couple of months ago Kelli from […]

• Reply poppykettle July 27, 2014 at 6:54 AM

They’re all pretty damn fab Hudsons! Nice work, ladies 🙂

• Reply The Jalie Dolman Tops September 3, 2014 at 10:53 PM

[…] long-sleeve plantain out of it, and also a long-sleeve renfrew out of it that I really like. And my contest winning Hudson’s are made out of it too. Plus, I love love love this Jungle Green, it looks exactly as it was […]

• Reply Five For Friday Edition 4 | Where Heather Goes October 31, 2015 at 1:21 PM