KNITTING ON MY MIND SEWING

TOP 5 HITS OF 2013

December 30, 2013
I decided that I wanted to jump in on the top 5 list started by Crafting a Rainbow.  I think that I will keep it simple and just list my top 5 hits that I made this year.

#5 Hit – Gaptastic Cowl

I am a real beginner when it comes to knitting.  At the very beginning of the year I made this cowl, but soon found that I felt silly wearing such a large scarf on top of my huge belly.  But then I brought it back out this winter and have barely taken it off.  I get compliments on it every time and I wear it and it’s perfectly practical, warm and fun.

#4 Hit – Yellow Floral Wrap Dress

When my brother set his wedding date just two months after the birth of my baby I had a small freakout session.  Thanks to spanks and this dress I felt pretty confident at the wedding.  I honestly havn’t worn this dress again, and don’t really know when I will, but this was an important event with lots of photos being taken so I call the dress a big win for helping me get through the day.

#3 Hit – Negroni Buttonup Men’s Shirt

I made this shirt as part of SewMamaSew’s Super Online Sewing Match and I really feel like I exceded my normal amount of attention to detail and precision while doing it.  The insides really are just as nice as the outside and it makes me smile everytime he wears it.

#2 Hit – It’s a Cinch Purse

Another Sewing Match make this purse has become my everyday bag.  I love the combination of stripes and leather and it really just suits my style perfectly.  I hadn’t sewn a lot of bags before this or tried out a lot of leather sewing so it felt like a big accomplishment when I finished it.

#1 Hit – Baby Boy

I know this is cheesy, but hey I totally made him.  Seriously though, it’s been a busy year mostly because of this little guy and I havn’t had as much time to create things as I would like.  He’s so worth it though.

• Reply liza jane December 30, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Your number one hit is not cheesy at all 🙂 What a sweet photo!

• Reply Kelly D. December 30, 2013 at 12:51 PM

You had such a great year, especially with that sweet baby 🙂 I forgot about that yellow dress – I love it! You look so, so pretty!

• Reply Madalynne December 30, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I agree that you’re number one hit deserves the top spot. He’s precious!

• Reply gingermakes December 30, 2013 at 3:13 PM

What a great year you’ve had! I love all your handmades, but of course Boone is the best achievement of the year! 🙂

• Reply Amy December 30, 2013 at 4:08 PM

I love #1!! I’m getting ready to have my first child, and I hope to channel you and the success you had this year sewing and blogging after giving birth as I’m trying to find the balance that’s right for me. Here’s to a great 2014!

• Reply Vanessa December 30, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Nice!! Your son is adorable!

• Reply kristin December 30, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Awesome year for True Bias, for sure! Your Negroni, that purse, AND the baby boy are all sooo awesome and your sewing was some of my favorite in blogland this year. Your self-sewing is really inspiring, too. Hope as little guy gets more regular with sleep stuff you’ll get back to normal production mode, hehe.

• Reply Alisa December 30, 2013 at 9:04 PM

You sure made some nice stuff this year, especially your babe! He’ll last much longer than everything else on the list.

• Reply busylizzieinbrizzy.com December 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM

#1 is my favourite and surely is the most impressive!!

• Reply Kat December 30, 2013 at 10:26 PM

That wrap dress is just stunning! But obviously nothing can beat number one 🙂

• Reply Cirque Du Bebe December 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM

A great year indeed! Love the wrap dress and the bag, def my favs. Looking forward to more of your sewing in 2014!

• Reply Fabric Tragic December 31, 2013 at 12:14 AM

All different, all lovely! I remember being blown away by that bag – still fab!

• Reply Dk's Wife December 31, 2013 at 7:41 AM

All your hits are great, but number one is number one for a reason 🙂 What a beautiful baby.

• Reply lisa g. December 31, 2013 at 9:38 AM

i love your #1 hit 🙂 you made some beautiful items this year, the yellow wrap dress is definitely a stunner! and that bag is one of my favorites, i need to make one for myself!

• Reply Rae December 31, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Woot Woot!! You totally nailed that #1 🙂 And yes, babies make you less productive sewing-wise, but it’s totally worth it!!!

Love reading your blog Kelli!! Can’t wait to see what 2014 brings. Happy New Year!

• Reply Alissa January 1, 2014 at 9:31 PM

That dress is amazing! And baby Boone is just the best thing ever. Congrats on a happy year! Miss you Kelli!

• Reply Gail January 13, 2014 at 11:28 PM

Baby boy is definitely worthy of celebration. I love your dress too. If you want to create a new look for it, consider wearing with high boots and a jacket.