ON MY MIND SEWING

ON MY SEWING TABLE

November 20, 2013

Hi friends.  I feel like life has got me going crazy right now behind the scenes which has resulted in some silence on the blog.  I do have fun things going on though so I thought I would give you a little peek.

First of all Suzannah of Adventures in Dressmaking had me over to her blog yesterday talking about my bow front Megan Nielsen dress as part of her 7 Days of Holiday Party Dresses Series.  If you havn’t seen it yet go and check it out along with all of the other fun dresses.

Also, I have been working with Rachel of Boo Dogg and Me on a Sew Bossy Initiative.  She has been very patient with me as this is taking me forever to finish.  The pattern has needed some significant alterations which has got me dragging my feet.  Here is a little peek at the fabric and pattern before I cut into them.  Any guesses on what I am making?  Should be showing off the finished product very soon.

Finally the 2013 Holiday Ornament Exchange is underway as well.  I am SO excited about all of the bloggers (some old some new) participating this year.  I will also be opening it up to readers who want to participate.  Details coming by the end of the week.

OK, I guess that is it.  Talk soon.

• Reply gingermakes November 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Ooh, I’m interested to know what your Sew Bossy project is! Perhaps the La Sylphide dress?

• Reply Heather Lou November 20, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I CAN”T WAIT TO SEE YO’ BOSSY!

• Reply Nettie November 20, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Can’t wait to see your project!! I’ve been too chicken for Sew Bossy! I admire your bravery!

• Reply thecuriouskiwi November 20, 2013 at 5:41 PM

It’s a Papercut patterns so I know already whatever it is will be awesome! 🙂 I will guess Coppelia?

• Reply Rachel November 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM

It will be worth the adjustments! I finally finished my belt last night. Taking photos this weekend – will email you when I’m done! Am really hoping for a nice day to take them on – Melbourne’s weather has either been 30 degrees and very sunny or 14 degrees and rain.

• Reply Cirque Du Bebe November 22, 2013 at 6:33 AM

Cool! Sew Bossy is so much fun. We actually have that fabric at work so I’m guessing Rachael got it from The Fabric Store in Melbourne. Hmm, wondering what the pattern is though….