I really need to get going on this, like today, but I am having a really hard time deciding which pattern to use. Here are my two contenders:
I would probably belt this dress, and maybe even wear a cardi or try to lengthen the sleeves. I would also probably lengthen the skirt a bit to hit more just below my knees.
- breastfeeding friendly neckline
- lots of gathers – more flattering on my current body shape
- more modern cut
- pockets – would just omit them
- neck tie in the back – would maybe close up the back and exchange the tie for elastic?
- sleeve length – it may be cold, plus I just think that more of an elbow length sleeve would be more flattering on me right now.
I would do version A (no collar), but do an elbow length sleeve without the detail. I might belt it too instead of the sash.
- a well beloved pattern by all so I know it would sew up like a dream
- simple classic style
- flattering cut
- breastfeeding friendly
- a little conservative for my taste
- my fabric may still be a little too thin for this style
Which do you think is more my style?
If I made the more conservative one are there any changes you can think of to make it more modern?