CURRENTLY MAKING : GRAINLINE’S NEW ARCHER PATTERN

February 26, 2013

I have seen sneak peeks of Grainline’s new Archer pattern on instagram over the last few weeks and was anxiously awaiting it’s release.  So I was super excited to see a post last night that it was done and for sale.  I downloaded it this morning and spent any free time I could find printing it out, taping it together, and cutting out the pattern.  I am going to make up a muslin first, but I already have two fabrics ready to sew up into Archers.

This floral that I bought a few weeks ago in the garment district:

And I just ordered this cotton lawn online last night.

So how about you guys.  Are you as excited as I am about this pattern?  Are you going to make it up?  If so what fabrics are you thinking of using?

• Reply Ariel February 26, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Oh! What I fun project! I want to learn how to sew as well as you do. You create such great, wearable garments.

• Reply sparkletheunicornsews February 26, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Oh, yay! I’m excited about this pattern, but also a bit nervous…it looks harder than anything else I’ve tried. I might wait and see some other versions before diving in!

• Reply CC Cesarik February 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM

I love this pattern too! I blogged about what I’m planning on using here: http://homeecny.blogspot.com/2013/02/grainlines-archer-button-up-shirt.html

• Reply sallie oleta barbee February 27, 2013 at 10:33 AM

I want to make this pattern too! I’m so bummed that I already cut out the McCall’s shirt pattern the night before this was released, but oh well! One can never have too many shirts. You are very wise making a muslin, I probably should have done that but… I can’t find any fabric to use for a muslin! Haha!

• Reply Suzanne February 27, 2013 at 11:49 AM

Pretty! Can’t wait to see it sewn up.

• Reply seamrippedblog February 27, 2013 at 6:41 PM

I had instant plans for making it up as soon as I saw the first preview on Instagram. I’ve never matched a plaid before, otherwise I’d dive in headfirst with a gingham. I suppose denim is in the cards.

• Reply angela February 27, 2013 at 7:28 PM

So cute! I love both patterns that you chose, the blouses will be adorable!

• Reply poppykettle February 28, 2013 at 12:47 AM

I totally can’t wait to see how it turns out. Im’ so getting this pattern! I’ve been wanting to try a button up blouse for yonks. Bring it on!

• Reply Miranda February 28, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I was so excited about this, too! I’ve got a random tiger-printed cotton that I’m going to whip up first, then move onto a liberty-like floral print I’ve been hoarding. I can’t wait to see yours!
    xo

• Reply Helen March 4, 2013 at 6:49 PM

You have time to do this with a newborn? I am seriously impressed!

Love your fabric choices! 🙂

• Reply Amy March 5, 2013 at 12:02 AM

I was excited to see this pattern and can’t wait to see how yours turn out.

• Reply gingermakes March 6, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Oh my gosh, I can’t WAIT to sew this! I basically live in slouchy boyfriend buttondowns, but I’ve never seen a pattern like that, so I’m really excited to make my own! Both of your fabrics are adorable!