MOOD FABRICS WITH MY SISTER

December 7, 2012

My sister, Rian, was in town for about 24 hours earlier this week and so of coarse we went to Mood Fabrics.  Thank you Rian for all of these awesome iphone pics of the trip.  It was so much fun.

Swatch taking a nap.

A self portrait as we ate some delicious cookies outside of Levain bakery.

My child on the subway after 4 bribery lollipops, cookies and no nap.

I did buy some fabric that I am really excited about.

These are two sweater knits that I am hoping to make big cardigan, cape type items out of.

And this was a really awesome, structured, swimwear fabric that I just couldn’t pass up.  I am going to save this to make a retro inspired swimsuit next summer.

• Reply Samantha December 7, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Nice fabric! I just found your blog and would like to subscribe, but don’t see an option anywhere? 😐

• Reply Rian Krommenhoek December 7, 2012 at 2:38 PM

Let’s do this again soon…say April?!

• Reply oonaballoona December 7, 2012 at 3:05 PM

ah, y’all got the knits before our crew descended the very next day! at least, i assume it was the next day, they said they had sweater knit for about two hours this week. looks like a great sugar filled time.

• Reply kate December 7, 2012 at 5:33 PM

oo mood fabrics is so fun! i love the sweater knits!

• Reply Miranda December 7, 2012 at 11:37 PM

Oooh Aaah! I’m going to be in NYC for about 48 hours next weekend and think Mood MUST be on the list. And I might search out that exact same red sweater knit for yet another Briar. Fun to hang with your sister, too!!

• Reply gingermakes December 8, 2012 at 3:07 PM

Email me if you want company at Mood on Saturday! 🙂

• Reply Julie D. December 8, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Oh my gosh. I LOVE Levain bakery!! I dream about the cinnamon brioche.

• Reply gingermakes December 8, 2012 at 3:08 PM

What a fun trip! Your sister is as cute as you and the tot! ALSO– Levain is my FAVORITE! I’m not a crazy cookie person, but theirs are like huge bites of joy!

• Reply sallie oleta barbee December 9, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Oh so jealous!! Love the sister picture – such beautiful ladies! And I’m going to have to troll the Mood website to see if I can find a sweater knit like that red one…

• Reply Gail December 19, 2012 at 5:08 AM

Great fabric choices. New York is my favourite city, just 12,000kms too far for regular visitation.

• Reply poppykettle December 20, 2012 at 9:17 PM