TUTORIALS

MADE : OANA BEFORT BEAR ONESIE

November 26, 2012

Oana Befort offered up this free template for a kiddo tee and I just couldn’t resist.  It’s so stinkin’ cute.  I decided to make it for my baby boy (due in Feb.).  It was really simple to do although I tackled the project a little different than she did.

I cut a piece of freezer paper to 8 1/2 x 11 inches and printed the template directly onto the freezer paper (rough side).  Because I was making it for a onesie I printed the template at about 60% size.  Then I cut out the template on the freezer paper with an exacto knife, ironed it to the onesie, and used a sponge and black fabric paint to paint inside the lines.

I LOVE the way it turned out.  I want to make a full size version for my 2 year old on a tshirt (perhaps without the bow tie to make it less masculine).

Thank you Oana Befort for being so generous and offering such a cool free template.  I’m a big fan.

• Reply Sarah November 26, 2012 at 10:09 AM

this has me ready to make my first freezer paper stencil! something i’ve wanted to try but always talk myself out of buying more “crafting” supplies. talk about a cute gift idea! adorable affordable children’s t-shirt are definitely hard to find–great job.

• Reply Kelli Ward November 30, 2012 at 6:14 PM

You should try it! Just go slow the first time. Otherwise it’s super easy.

• Reply gingermakes November 27, 2012 at 4:01 PM

This is so, so cute! I love it!

• Reply Leuinda Fields November 27, 2012 at 6:24 PM

This is perfect! He’ll be such a dapper little man wearing this.

Elliot Berman Textiles is having a Pattern Review 11th Anniversary Party next Wednesday. Are you thinking about going?

Leu, sewing in Washington Heights, NYC.

• Reply Leuinda Fields November 27, 2012 at 8:39 PM

Whoops! I mean December 12th. Hope to see you there!

Leu

• Reply Kelli Ward November 30, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Leu,

That sounds like a lot of fun. I have looked around on the web and can’t find any info. Can you email me a link? I would love to attend and maybe we could even take the train down together.

• Reply Leuinda Fields December 3, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Oh, yeah!
      Here is the PR message board, http://sewing.patternreview.com/SewingDiscussions/topic/73573

Elliot Berman also has a Facebook page that includes the “event.”

Riding down together sounds great! I’ll email you.

Leu

• Reply Rian Krommenhoek November 28, 2012 at 11:57 AM

You could just move the bow tie up to one of the ears for the girly version.