OTHER

IT’S A BOY!

October 4, 2012

I had my ultrasound this week and we found out that we are having a boy.  I can’t believe it.  Maybe because I only have a girl, but in my mind all things baby are girl.  I was very surprised.  Plus the thought of anything male coming out of me kinda blows my mind.  I am really having to wrap my brain around this.

It’s really great though because I love to plan and make things and not only can I give away most of my daughters baby stuff now without too much guilt, but I now have a whole new world of boy stuff that I have never really looked at.

We are pretty excited around here!

• Reply Kelli October 4, 2012 at 8:38 AM

Congratulations! We have a girl and a boy and I promise that you will love being a Mama to a boy. Girls are more fun to sew for and shop with, etc, but the love between a boy and his Mama is indescribable. Being a mama to one of both is the best combination ever!

• Reply Christina October 4, 2012 at 9:06 AM

I know the feeling! We just found out that our third is a girl (after two boys) and I just don’t know what to think! I mean, I’m excited, but it’s like it’s a whole new world. I do promise that having a little boy is super duper fun!

• Reply LisaRae October 4, 2012 at 9:08 AM

I agree with Kelli, I also have a son and daughter, while my baby girl is my little sweetheart, she has daddy wrapped around her finger. My son loves his daddy, but he loves to snuggle with mommy and he steals my heart everyday.

• Reply sallie oleta barbee October 4, 2012 at 9:20 AM

Aw! Congratulations!! This is very exciting news! Now you get to start picking out all sorts of cute little boy gear!

• Reply Amy October 4, 2012 at 9:56 AM

That’s very exciting! Boys are fun & you can have a mama’s boy. They hold you in a special place and it’s nice to be that!

• Reply Kristie October 4, 2012 at 10:06 AM

Boys are fun. I got one after 2 girls. It has been different, but so fun and so worth it! Good luck!

• Reply anto October 4, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Such great and exciting news! Congratulations, this is wonderful!!

• Reply Mela R. October 4, 2012 at 11:54 AM

How sweet! Congrats!

• Reply Karin October 4, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Congratulations! I’ll look forward to all the cute stuff you make for him.

• Reply Adrienne October 4, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Congratulations! Boys are so much fun (I have two of them). And there is so much more now to sew for boys than when my oldest was born almost 8 yrs ago. I’ll look forward to your boy-related sewing projects! 🙂

• Reply Tina October 5, 2012 at 5:36 PM

Congratulations! You’ll love a boy!

• Reply gingermakes October 6, 2012 at 11:34 PM

Yay! Congrats! I’m excited to see what fun little boy outfits you come up with!

• Reply V October 7, 2012 at 9:41 AM

I agree with the sentiment that there is something indescribable and ever so sweet about the connection between a boy and his mama. I’m so excited for you!! And I can’t wait to hear what his name is going to be. (btw I love all the little boy blazers out there right now–maybe you’ll make one of those? Although my guess is the effort greatly exceeds the short window he could wear it before outgrowing it. bummer.)

• Reply dixie October 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Congrats! I’m so excited for you. I think sewing for little boys would be really fun!

• Reply Madalynne October 8, 2012 at 8:11 AM

Congratulations indeed! I hope this is a welcomed surprise. Some of the best things in life aren’t what we thought they would be. And let’s just face it, boys are MUCH less expensive that girls!

• Reply Rae October 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM

so exciting Kelli!!!! I love baby boys!!

• Reply Evie Jones October 9, 2012 at 12:12 PM

Oh those feet! Congratulations.

• Reply kate October 10, 2012 at 8:24 AM

congrats! boys are so much fun, and boy clothes are too!! He’s cute already 🙂

• Reply Christine October 10, 2012 at 2:09 PM

Congratulations! That’s so exciting! We find out about ours this Friday. :)))