OTHER

THE MOVE TO NEW YORK CITY

August 13, 2012

We are here, finally, and I can’t believe it.  The last little bit has been a blur of packing, saying goodbye, driving a huge truck across many states, arriving, unpacking, and exploring the city.  We already love it here and can’t wait to make it home.  Here are some photos of the last couple of weeks taken on my phone to document the journey.

1 – Packing up.  2 – The last time we rode in our car before selling it.

3 – The moving truck.  4 – My daughter loved sitting in the truck while it was still an option.  Once we got on the road, not so much.

5 and 6 – Exploring Central Park.

7 – Crumbs Bakery!  8 – Turtles in Central Park.

9 – The Statue of Liberty from the Staten Island Ferry.  10 – Hanging out in our train station.

* Some of you may have noticed that I have decided to start adding more personal photos to the blog including some of my daughter.  Thank you to all who commented a few weeks ago about the matter.  I have thought a lot about it and decided that I want to let you all get to know us a little better.  I promise that this will not become a family blog.  It will still mostly be about sewing and creativity, but I hope that you will enjoy getting a peak into our daily life.

• Reply spartanwoman August 13, 2012 at 11:36 AM

How exciting for you and us (vicariously!), thanks for the peak into your adventure!

• Reply Kelli Ward August 15, 2012 at 8:36 AM

thanks, i hope our life is exciting enough to keep sharing. thanks for reading.

• Reply Cynthia August 13, 2012 at 11:47 AM

Have fun in your big city!

• Reply Kelli Ward August 15, 2012 at 8:36 AM

thanks cynthia. we are really trying to to have fun. especially before it gets cold.

• Reply Madalynne August 13, 2012 at 12:32 PM

What an exciting time you are experiencing. Moving is always a chaotic but thrilling time in life. And I’m glad to see more personal photos of your family 🙂

• Reply Kelli Ward August 15, 2012 at 8:37 AM

thanks so much madalynne. moving is certainly chaotic, but so far so good.

• Reply homemade by jill August 13, 2012 at 1:01 PM

Exciting! I loved living in NYC. We were in the upper west side for about 3 1/2 years, and it was an amazing time. I hope you all are adjusting well!

• Reply Kelli Ward August 15, 2012 at 8:37 AM

jill, i didn’t know you lived here. let me know if there are any must go to places that you know of.

• Reply dixie August 13, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Glad the move went well! Now that you’re in NYC you should totally hang out with this lady – http://mybeaubaby.blogspot.com/
    I believe she also has a daughter around your daughter’s age. Sorry, but I always imagine that if I lived somewhere where other bloggers live that I would totally be friends with them. Maybe I’m just living vicariously through you, haha. But for real, though, I’m jealous of your access to the garment district!

• Reply Kelli Ward August 15, 2012 at 8:38 AM

i can’t wait to go to the garment district. i have actually already been in touch with beaubaby and can’t wait to meet her in person.

• Reply grainline August 13, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Looks like you guys are having an excellent time! Glad the move went well and you’re settling in. I think it’s nice to see more life photos, etc. Can’t wait to read more about how NYC is treating you and what you’re up to!

• Reply Kelli Ward August 15, 2012 at 8:41 AM

thanks jen, we are really trying to enjoy ourselves. hope you decide to take a trip here someday and we can go fabric shopping.

• Reply Jacinta August 13, 2012 at 7:46 PM

Wow, so exciting to be in NYC! Hope you all settle in quickly. 🙂

• Reply Suzanne August 13, 2012 at 7:56 PM

I recognize that subway tile…welcome to Uptown!

• Reply Kelli Ward August 15, 2012 at 8:42 AM

yep, that’s our little subway stop. we spend a lot of time there. just wish there wern’t so many stairs.

• Reply sallie oleta barbee August 14, 2012 at 11:03 AM

So exciting!! Congratulations on such a big move! And you have such a beautiful family! Thank you for sharing with us!

• Reply Kelli Ward August 15, 2012 at 8:42 AM

thanks sallie, you are so sweet.

• Reply gingermakes August 14, 2012 at 1:29 PM

Yay! Welcome to the city! I’m so excited to meet you! I hope you and yours are settling in nicely!

• Reply Kelli Ward August 15, 2012 at 8:43 AM

i can’t wait to meet you too! counting down the days.

• Reply katherine h August 14, 2012 at 6:04 PM

So pleased the move went well. Good luck settling in to your new life.

• Reply kristin August 15, 2012 at 3:29 AM

SUCH an exciting move. Thanks for the personal life glimpse, I was one that voted “yay” on that. Your daughter is adorable!

• Reply Kelli Ward August 15, 2012 at 8:43 AM

thanks kristin, it feels good to be more authentic. i am glad i decided to go for it.

• Reply Rik August 16, 2012 at 12:15 PM

Hey Kelli! Your daughter is SO adorable!! I’m excited at the thought that you guys are really close to us now. Maybe we could meet up sometime in the future. And congratulations on your new little baby!! So exciting!