MEMADEMAY DAYS 27-31

June 3, 2012

May is over which means that MeMadeMay is also over.  I have to admit a bit of relief that I can just put on a tshirt and jeans today, but I will also say that I learned a lot.

There has been a lot of talk in the sewing/blogging community about making more cake and less frosting. MeMadeMay has certainly made me very aware of how much frosting I have in my sewing life.  Next time that I participate in MeMadeMay I need to make some more casual items like jersey tshirts and pants.  Still, I am really glad that I wore so many of the things that I have made on a day to day basis instead of just to special events.  It was great.

Here are my last few days of MeMadeMay.  You have already seen some of these :

Sewn Item : Orange Middie Skirt

Sewn Item : Heart Woven Scout Tee

Sewn Item : Mission Maxi dress worn as skirt

Sewn item : Green Silk Maxi Skirt

• Reply mon ami June 3, 2012 at 5:26 PM

I’ve really loved following your MMM selections. I’m feeling inspired to start chipping away at increasing my handmade wardrobe.

Thanks for posting the link to the cake vs frosting discussion too – I find this too and like the suggestions people have about sewing coordinates and choosing a palette.

And finally – where are your adorable sandals from (the cross cross ones you’re wearing with your heart top and shorts)?

• Reply Kelli Ward June 3, 2012 at 5:56 PM

Thanks so much! The sandals are a recent purchase from Aldo for only $30. I love them. Super simple, real leather, goes with everything kind of sandal.

• Reply kristin June 3, 2012 at 10:35 PM

Great job at MMM, Kelli! It was great to see your handmades on parade all month, so inspirational!! Enjoy those jeans and T’s, you’ve definitely earned them. 🙂

• Reply anu*miki June 4, 2012 at 8:19 AM

I LOVE the green and orange skirts!

• Reply sallie oleta barbee June 4, 2012 at 8:27 AM

I loved your MMM – You always looked so clean and fresh and put together. I had a moment when I woke up this morning and thought – wait! I have a whole other side of my wardrobe thats been neglected! Out came some of my RTW dresses…

• Reply gingermakes June 4, 2012 at 9:02 AM

Really lovely! I like the way that you’ve paired bright skirts with white tops– really nicely done! I’ve enjoyed your posts this month!

• Reply Christine June 5, 2012 at 9:08 AM

All of your outfits are lovely! I really like all the longer-length skirts you wear; they’re so stylish and they really pull any outfit together much better than a shorter skirt would. Your MMM outfits are definitely some of the chicest I’ve seen.

• Reply gruenetree July 19, 2012 at 11:13 AM

I am swooning over the orange skirt and the maxi skirt. Plus your hair is amazing.