THRIFTED MIDI + PINTEREST OUTFIT

April 9, 2012

A few months ago I was at a get together with some girlfriends and someone posed the question:

“If you have 15 minutes to yourself, to do whatever you want on the internet, where do you go?”
This turned into quite the conversation as everyone talked about their love of politics, reading the Wall Street Journal, or watching Ted Talks.  I, on the other hand, immediately knew that I would go straight to Pinterest and Googlereader.  Apparently my friends are much more intellectual and aspiring than I am, but hey that’s who I am.  And I am thankful for their good influence on me.
So here you have it:
My name is Kelli and I am addicted to Pinterest.
And just to prove it here is my easter outfit.  I saw this on pinterest the other day and immediately thought – hey I have everything in that outfit in my closet right now.  All I had to do what take about 10 inches off of the $2 thrifted skirt and it was a perfect midi.  (This is one of those rare moments when procrastinating was good.  In the year and a half that the thrifted skirt hung in my closet midi skirts came into fashion.)
My version:
shirt H&M / skirt Thrifted and Upcycled by me / shoes Aldo
Pinterest via Lulu’s:
original source www.lulu’s.com

• Reply C. April 9, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Cute! In my ward at every single play group we end up discussing Pinterest because we’re all addicted. It’s my happy spot.

• Reply Heather Lou April 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Tell me about it. I think I subscribe to 40+ sewing blogs now, not including all the regular “fashion” blogs – between Google Reader + pinterest I lose at least an hour a day. Not so much a loss as a blissful hour to learn about my favourite hobby and find tons of inspiration but it’s already getting out of hand on Pinterest. I have over a 1000 photos in what, a couple of months? I think we are going to reach a saturation/overwhelmed level at some point. You can’t use it all! So kudos for using Pinterest in reality instead of just a fantasy candy land of beautiful images that sit in a folder forever!

• Reply Meli April 10, 2012 at 8:58 AM

The skirt looks great!
    I have a similar problem, but with tumblr. Although, I can cheat the system a little by following newspapers, so I get a little news with my pretty pictures.

• Reply sallie oleta barbee April 10, 2012 at 9:31 AM

I’m very embarrassed about my addiction to sewing and fashion blogs and Pinterest (oh my god! what IS it with that site??) And now that I don’t commute to work I don’t listen to NPR on my drive in anymore either – which means if I get any news its from my husband making dinner conversation (how lame!!!)

Anyway! your easter outfit is adorable! I love that a quick adjustment totally made this outfit!

• Reply Zoe April 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Hi Kelli,

Thanks a lot for pointing out the tool icon of the MMMay’12 widget. I can’t seem to shift it, any ideas? I can see an extra bit of html code that isn’t there on a previous widget, but every time I delete it and click save, it comes back! AGH! Any help would be gratefully received,

All the best
    Zoe

• Reply Zoe April 10, 2012 at 6:05 PM

Hi Kelli, me again. After extensive research and experimentation, I have concluded that this is an issue caused by blogger automatically adding code. The only way I’ve found to remove that tool icon is to click on ‘edit’ of the gadget, then click on ‘Rich Text’, then click on ‘Edit HTML’ and it kind of rights itself. Click on save and the tool icon should have disappeared. Please let me know if this works for you, it’s been driving me crazy!

All the best
    Zoe

• Reply Kelli April 11, 2012 at 2:08 PM

Love this skirt, it looks great on you. Oh, and in my circle of friends down here, you’d be way ahead of the game since I don’t think most of them read news sites or pinterest! haha I am the queen of cool craftiness around here just because I know what pinterest is and actually make things I pin once in awhile. 😉

• Reply mariannasew2pro April 11, 2012 at 4:09 PM

My friends use Facebook like it’s heroin and the only reason why I stay away from its like and Piniterest is that I’m afraid my own addictive personality will find them all-too consuming.

But sewing blogs suit me perfectly. They actually inspire me to switch off the computer and switch on the sewing machine.